Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Inkling: paper bird centerpiece

 

It was time to get serious about a spring table centerpiece and after much thought or at least five minutes of thought - I decided I needed some blue birds.


To make these little paper birds, you will need:

Paper to form the bird (I used kraft paper)
Masking tape
Pretty paper to cover the birds (I used blue rice paper)
Glue

Start by forming a shape of a bird with the kraft paper. I stared with the head, formed the body and left the tail fanned out. I used masking tape to keep the shape together and trimmed the tail.

Cut strips of your pretty paper and glue to your bird shape leaving the beak area uncovered. Form a tiny beak out of the kraft paper and glue onto your bird. Let dry thoroughly.


Use your birds to add a touch of spring to your craft projects or home décor.

I have a feeling I’ll be making more of these little birds and adapting them for all of the seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment